Community Forums
Subscribe to the MCN Newsletter
Contribute Your Custom Content

HOW TO: Creating custom fabric elements for Lego minifigures

http://www.minifigcustoms.com/node/899

Article by Norbert Black.  Discuss it here.

2 pounds is around 4 dollers

2 pounds is around 4 dollers I would think. But yes, $4 is cheap.

wow thats cheap it only 2

wow thats cheap it only 2 pounds in england

Pretty much any hobby shop,

Pretty much any hobby shop, I got mine at a hardware store for $4 though.

do you know were to get a

do you know were to get a leather hole punch

because everyone needs help

I tried using index cards

I tried using index cards and a hole-punch. It works much better than the alternative! I might look into a leather hole-punch later.

I'm using canvas that is thicker than the normal capes, but gives a nice detailed cloth look. I'll have to post some new templates for capes one of these days.

I might try that

I might try that

I like to add that I

I like to add that I recommend buying a leather hole punch. It costs about $10 but is worth every penny, because a normal hole punch makes a bloody mess when you try to use it on fabric. You can buy them at any craft store.

Guess I could have added

Guess I could have added that part ; ) Yes, sandwich the fabric and then try the hole punch. It worked for me a few times but not always.

after placing between to

after placing between to peices of paper what do you do then pharazon? can you use a hole punch on it?

i use a pen but it doesn't

i use a pen but it doesn't work that well

Try a hobby knife. If that

Try a hobby knife. If that doesn't work sandwich the fabric between two sheets of still paper like an index card for example.

Does anyone have tips for

Does anyone have tips for cutting out the neck holes?

I have the shortest-bladed scissors I could find at the craft store, but it is still a chore. I tried using a hole-puncher, but it's not sharp enough to cut cleanly.

Any suggestions?

Can that fabric be found in

Can that fabric be found in any fabric store?

You buy the fabric to print

You buy the fabric to print on Zore.

By the way,Welcome to MCN : )

srry for sounding kind of

srry for sounding kind of stupid but is that a place where they print colors and stuff on your fabric or do they sell fabric that you can print on? thnx in advance!

I would recommend using

I would recommend using Jaquard's printable fabric, that is what I use for my custom cloaks (you can check them out HERE).

okay, this is good for

okay, this is good for painting the fabric, but what about printing?I'd much prefer something i printed because im very bad with paint xD what do you guys think?