Community Forums
Subscribe to the MCN Newsletter
Contribute Your Custom Content

HOW TO: Downloading and Using MCN's Decals

http://www.minifigcustoms.com/howto/901

Ok, but how do I get the

Ok, but how do I get the decal shape in the first place?

Builder, if I understand

Builder, if I understand your dificulty on resizing- in MS Paint you should be able to find resizing options in the "Image" menu under "Attributes..."; I'm working with an older version of MS Paint, but I'm hoping they kept most things the same.

If I remember correctly [Damien, please correct me if necessary], the vector program that Damien was reffering to is Adobe Illustrator. DrawPlus 4 by Serif can be found here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/ - I'm not absolutly sure if it is vector or not, I've heard some say yes, some no.

Personally, I use Adobe Photoshop 5 and resize/print using Microsoft Word.

Even though this is an old topic and Legend more than likely got the answer already, to be thorough;

To resize in MS Word:
-I've heard that newer versions of Word do the cm conversions automatically. But if you don't have access to a new version of Word (or Word at all), I look on the internet for cm to inches convertors (I think there's a site called www.onlineconversions.com )
-Open MS Word, open/create a new document and insert the decal by going to the "Insert" menu, choosing "Picture", "From File..." find/choose your picture and click "Insert"
-Once the picture is in the document, click on the picture to select it. Right-click to pull down the options menu and select "Format Picture...", click on the "Size" tab, and adjust the height and widths to the sizes you want (of course you can also use the scaling feature if you know the exact scale it should be- i.e.: most of my templates get resized to about 31%).

With MS Word you can then place more decals on a sheet to mass print a bunch of them and to save paper.

I hope that helps.

-Alan

I only have Microsoft paint,

I only have Microsoft paint, and I don't know how to size it up when I'm done. Could you give me the information that Legend of Zelda is getting?

vector program such as Draw

vector program such as Draw Plus 4?

I don't know them. I use a

I don't know them. I use a Vector program, so when I import templates from Template Central into my program, they are automatically sized correctly. I'm sure someone else can help you, though.

sorry im still a newbie man

sorry im still a newbie man i dont notice those small things

and can you tell me the exact lengths and widths of the torso and arms and stuff?

Firstly, saying 'sorry'

Firstly, saying 'sorry' doesn't make it okay. Remember, each post is equipped with an 'Edit' feature, found underneath your post. Use it if you have something to add and no one has posted after you yet. I have combined your posts for you, but usually double-posts are simply deleted. Keep that in mind, please.

Secondly, if it isn't working you must not be doing something right. Irfanview works extremely well - I've had it for quite a long time and it's never failed me in anything I needed it to do, concerning the resizing of images. If you can describe in detail what you are doing and how it isn't working, someone may be able to help you.

THANK YOU!!!! i was just

THANK YOU!!

i was just shrinking and guessing if it would fit, youve made my life easier Damien, I thank you deeply =D

Edit: it isnt working at all is there anything else i can re-size with?

I need STEP BY STEP

I need STEP BY STEP instuctions!!

What you need to do is learn how to use the program yourself. Then ask more specific questions if you have trouble with something. Remember, you have to put in the effort yourself if you want people to feel inclined to help you.

oh and when i copy and paste i can't understand this part like the lengths what's the point for like 1.322 or w/e it said i don't get it if it's centimeters

Those are the sizes that you need to resize the decal to. It's centimeters. You can resize using centimeters with the free imaging program Irfanview.

ms word is Microsoft Word

ms word is Microsoft Word right?

oh and when i copy and paste i can't understand this part like the lengths what's the point for like 1.322 or w/e it said i don't get it if it's centimeters

All I have is Microsoft Word

All I have is Microsoft Word and MGI Photosuite. I need STEP BY STEP instuctions!!

please help me!