Community Forums
Subscribe to the MCN Newsletter
Contribute Your Custom Content

HOW TO: Conceptualizing a Minifig

Dear all,

I have uploaded a new article called Conceptualizing a Minifig to the how-to section. Its purpose is to introduce to newbies the art of minifig customization in its designing stage. Please take a look at it here.

If you think I've missed out on something, or that you would like me to address a particular issue, please post here and let me know so I can update the article from time to time. Thank you!!

R. B.

Upload the pic to

Upload the pic to http://www.brickshelf.com/ then click the tree thing when typing then viola!

how do you feel about

how do you feel about adding to a figure with a two part resin? I've been scultping figures for years now and find that adding a little resin to make a custom head piece/hair adds a lot to the look. I am also having trouble adding pictures to the custom page. I have them on my desk top how do I get them on?

mark

I don't no it this is the

I don't no it this is the right form,but i don't know what tools to ues for cusomizing like hemets and such.

same here.

same here.

I clicked on both the links

I clicked on both the links but it says access denied. Whats up with that?

The article has been moved,

The article has been moved, check it out here:
http://www.minifigcustomizationnetwork.com/howto/896

Me too....

Me too....

It says i am unauthorized to

It says i am unauthorized to enter it :'(

Hi all, i'm a newbie italian

Hi all, i'm a newbie italian boy who loves Lego since i was a child. I want to create my own Gordon Freeman from HL. I've read some articles in this fantastic site but i don't understand wich materials I must use to paint a face and a torso and how i must do it. If someone can help me contact me or answer here. Sorry for the bad english I'm Italian :p Thanks

I discovered that a Filofax

I discovered that a Filofax hole punch is exactly the right size for neck / arm holes, although needs practice to align. 

Too bad I can't access the page either :( 

Now THAT's what they call

Now THAT's what they call democracy, guys... ;)

I think an exacto knife

I think an exacto knife works good.

for capes and such, would

for capes and such, would you use an exact-O knife to cut the small holes, or somthing else?

\thanks

thanks damien!

thanks damien!

Blank minifigs:1.) You can

Blank minifigs:

1.) You can buy the pieces to make them (blank heads, black torsos, etc) on Bricklink. www.bricklink.com

2.) You can get the pieces via various LEGO sets.

3.) You can -make- blank minifig body parts by taking any body part that you have no special attachment to and rubbing it against a cloth soaked with Brasso. This will permenently remove the design that the body part came with, however.

There ya go, Qwick.

Do you use "blank" minifigs

Do you use "blank" minifigs with nothing on it, if so where do you get them? Or do you just modify any minifig that you get from a Lego set?

I know this is a basic question, but I have to start somewhere. Thank You

Thanks, Red! I seem to recal

Thanks, Red! I seem to recal from a previous discussion long ago...

Question: "When does it stop being a minifig, and start being a Barbie doll?"

Answer: "When you can comb their hair!"

I don't actually see your article as being a guide to 'conceptualizing' a minifig so much as a guide to keeping your custom minifig a minifig and not something else. Whatever you want to call it, these are all good guidelines and suggustions!

I have. I was one of the

I have. I was one of the ways begging him to make it. But this isn't the place to talk about that.

Really.........thats

Really.........thats intresting, have you seen it , its so cool!

No, he didn't, at least not

No, he didn't, at least not that he ever announced. He mentioned that when he sells the company, the CAD drawings of his helm are included.. which tells me that he didn't end up producing the helm before he decided to close the company down.

sorry if this is off-topic

sorry if this is off-topic but did jeff ever produce his crusader helmet i tried to make one but it did not really work as planned

One thing I think is

One thing I think is missing, is simplifying accessories, maybe use Jeff as an example. And now that I think about it, I left that out of my article...

One of the best how-to

One of the best how-to articles i have ever read!

what about a bit on what custom accesorie(s) to make/use on your custom minifigs?